Fun for the Kids in Lake Arrowhead
Whether you are planning a day trip or an extended vacation, Lake Arrowhead fills the bill for a day trip that’s good the whole family.
The various hiking trails in the surrounding area are perfect for kids of nearly any size. Trails of varying length and elevation provide fun ways to explore. Groups such as the Mountain Top Hiking Club offer fun group excursions during much of the year.
The Rim of the World Recreation and Park District offers many fun programs for local kids. If hip-hop dancing isn’t your kid’s thing, then maybe you have a budding doctor who would enjoy a Heartsaver CPR class?
Kids who want to experience the lake up close and personal will enjoy a trip on the Lake Arrowhead Queen paddleboat. The boat is an engineering marvel that holds the interest of kids of all ages that love machines and seeing how things work. Drop by for breakfast or lunch before your boat ride and we’ll give you discount coupons good for everyone in your party.
The Children’s Forest in nearby Running Springs:
- Located less 10 miles away from Lake Arrowhead, the Children’s Forest includes 3,400 beautifully forested acres.
- The mission of the Children’s Forest is to give children the chance to lead forest management initiatives through education and volunteer programs.
- Professional staff and naturalists provide great insights into the flora and fauna of the area, helping children learn about and respect their natural environment.
- Developed in 1970 after the Bear Fire, much of the replanted trees bear the names of children.
Parents and kids can both enjoy some good old-fashioned fun at Lollipop Park in Lake Arrowhead.
- Do you kids like to move quickly and show off their athletic skills? Hop on the Go-Karts, and try out some mini-golf
- Is Junior obsessed with trains? Lollipop Park offers a fun choo-choo train ride.
- Is it open? Lollipop Park operates weather permitting during the winter and spring months, so be sure to call ahead at (909) 337-2999.
Wildhaven in nearby Cedar Glen is a 35-acre ranch that operates as a wildlife sanctuary and education center. It is also a wildlife rehabilitation center. Wildhaven features fun educational activities including “Bear Watch,” which allows visitors to witness a daily bear-training exercise.
Learning about the history of a region gives kids and grownups some perspective and a better sense of place. The Mountain History Museum is operated by The Rim of the World Historical Society which fosters appreciation of the San Bernardino Mountains and surrounding area.
Chasing after kids all day isn’t easy. You need patience and energy. So make sure you have enough fuel in the tank for yourself and the rugrats before exploring Lake Arrowhead. Belgian Waffle Works is the ideal breakfast or lunch spot to gear up for a day full of adventure. With a full menu of hearty meals and a cup of fresh brewed French Roast Coffee, Cappuccino or a Latte, Belgian Waffle Works will give you the boost to help you whip your kids at mini-golf!
The Belgian Waffle Works is a full-service family restaurant featuring 17 original specialty Belgian-style waffles, homemade soups, fresh market salads, gourmet sandwiches, juicy burgers, homemade breads, Espresso, Cappuccino, premium desserts, wine, beer, specialty drinks and more. Belgian Waffle Works’ waffles are made from an exclusive mix, which is available for sale onsite and online. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You’ll be glad you did!