We hate to break it to you. But if you still haven’t done any holiday shopping, you qualify as a “last-minute shopper.” After all, as of the posting of this blog, there are just 7 days until Christmas 2012. But don’t let that get you down.
The helpful elves at Belgian Waffle Works in Lake Arrowhead have put together a shopping guide for everyone on your list. Just print out this post and head on over the Lake Arrowhead Village, where you can enjoy quaint Old World Charm with New World Excitement.
- Park. First, when you arrive at Lake Arrowhead Village, you will find ample places to park for free. If it’s snowing, which it well could be…take cover in the free covered parking, which is located just a few steps from the Village.
- Take a load off. Take a leisurely stroll around town to get your bearings. Enjoy the holiday music which is piped through the entire Village. Instead of rushing around and missing the experience, determine to actually enjoying the simple pleasures in life, like starting off the day with a hot delicious breakfast at Belgian Waffle Works, located dockside. We’re open every day at 8 a.m. And you’ll find 17 specialty waffles which are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. We’ll serve any with hot drawn butter and warm maple syrup.
- Shop Til you Drop. Most of the shops in Lake Arrowhead Village are open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. A big advantage of purchasing gifts on the mountain is that many are as unique as the person you are buying them for. In addition to one-of-a-kind specialty shops like Just Browsing, The Wishing Well, Sondra’s Boutique and Tattletales, you’ll find plenty of bargains at outlet Bass, Izod, Van Heusen, Coach, Claire’s, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and Pendleton.
- Take a break. After hitting all of the boutique shops and outlets, it will be time to take a break for hot cocoa or gourmet coffee. We buy espresso beans from local merchant, Pine Cone Coffee Company, and brew it up in delicious holiday beverages like cappuccino, pumpkin and eggnog lattes and mochas. While your little ones have a cup of hot chocolate, you could enjoy a cup of our rich sipping chocolate, Xocai.
- Shop some more. Before leaving Belgian Waffle Works, check some items off of your gift-giving list right in our lobby, where we sell T-Shirts, rustic canvas bags of our proprietary waffle mix, Xocai products, specialty seasoning and more. And if you can’t make it up the hill, check out our online store, where you can order many of our great products shipped right to your front door.
- Take a break. If you want to unwind, take a pit stop by the lake. For .50, you can buy a bag of duck food at Belgian Waffle Works or one of the other quaint shops that line the street and feed the ducks while you admire Mother Nature’s bounty. If you need inspiration, check out the art galleries which feature the work of local artisans…much of it on sale at Mountain Arts Gallery, D-Gallery or the Wishing Well.
- Shop in uncommon places. If you’ve made the rounds in the Village and still can’t find that perfect gift, head to places you might not have originally considered as shopping. For instance, there is a shop that carries dancewear and Vera Bradley bags on the lowest level of the Village. Make sure you don’t leave until you’ve checked out that shop. And what about Stater Bros, which has floral arrangements, plants, area souvenirs and a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits. And, finally…GNC offers plenty of products designed to keep you and your family healthy this holiday season.
- Wind down with a great meal. Once you’ve stowed all of your purchases in the car, head back over to Belgian Waffle Works, where you can top off your day with a beer, glass of wine or a margarita while you peruse our extensive menu. We are more than just waffles. Consider a piping bowl of homemade hot soup or a fresh market salad and a premium dessert. We also feature gourmet sandwiches, juicy burgers and more.
Belgian Waffle Works is a full-service family restaurant featuring 17 original specialty Belgian-style waffles, homemade soups, fresh market salads, gourmet sandwiches, juicy burgers, homemade breads, Espresso, Cappuccino, premium desserts, wine, beer, specialty drinks and more. Belgian Waffle Works’ waffles are made from an exclusive mix, which is available for sale onsite and online. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You’ll be glad you did!