What to Do in Lake Arrowhead: Shop, Dine or Take a Hike!
The slogan of the Lake Arrowhead Village is “Old Warm Charm…New World Excitement.” Lake Arrowhead boasts a more relaxed pace of life than its busier Southern California neighbors, but also offers all the modern conveniences.
Fall is a wonderful time at Lake Arrowhead. Leaves are changing to golden yellows and reds. Temperatures start to dip at night. And some of that white powder will soon appear in the higher elevations.
Of course, fall marks the start of the holiday season. And Lake Arrowhead embraces the spirit:
- Tree-Lighting Ceremony in the Village with Santa on November 26. This is a perfect family-fun activity for kids as well as grownups.
- The Taste of Arrowhead will be held December 1 at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. (As is our holiday tradition, we will be serving our delicious Belgian Peach Melba Waffle.)
- The Nutcracker Ballet! Get in the festive holiday mood and support the arts by purchasing tickets for a performance at Rim High School December 3 through 5.
- Santa Claus is coming to the village. Have your little ones pose for a picture with Santa, who will join us every weekend in the Lake Arrowhead Village from now until December 23.
The Lake Arrowhead Village hosts a variety of shops, restaurants and other services.
- Enjoy art galleries and take home a unique piece. Visitors can chose from several established galleries including the Thomas Kinkade Gallery, Mountain Arts Gallery (featuring the work of local artists), and the Just Browsing Mill Creek Gallery.
- Do some shopping for that unique holiday’s gift. Little folks might appreciate a stop at Mr. G’s for Toys, while the bigger “kids” might enjoy Jeffrey David Jewelers.
What about the surrounding nature? While it’s too cold for water sports, you can still enjoy nature in the fall. Hikes of varying length and fitness requirement are available through several groups. Fall is the last chance to do many high mountain trails without snowshoes!
- The trail off of Hook Creek Road to Deep Creek
- Fishermen’s Camp
- Camp Tent Peg
- The Indian Camp Trail area
- Green Valley Lake
If you are going to hike, extend your stay with some camping! Back country camping is available by permit and you can also use the running water and bathrooms at the North Shore Campground which is only three miles from the Village. Just don’t forget about fire safety!
Why do we know so much about Lake Arrowhead? We have been located here in the Village since 1982! Come enjoy a meal on our outside patio with stunning lake views.
The Belgian Waffle Works is a full-service family restaurant featuring 17 original specialty Belgian-style waffles, homemade soups, fresh market salads, gourmet sandwiches, juicy burgers, homemade breads, Espresso, Cappuccino, premium desserts, wine, beer, specialty drinks and more. Belgian Waffle Works’ waffles, which are made from an exclusive mix that is available for sale onsite and online. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You’ll be glad you did!