According to the World Tourism Organization, “tourists” are those who “travel to and stay in places outside their usual environment for more than twenty-four (24) hours and not more than one consecutive year for leisure, business and other purposes not related to the exercise of an activity remunerated from within the place visited.” That certainly is a long-winded way to say a tourist is someone who likes to explore. For many travelers, a trip to the Lake Arrowhead region is certainly out of their “usual environments.”
While the old saying goes “it’s the journey, not the destination,” we feel it’s a little bit of both. Are you looking for a destination that has a lot to offer and is worth a lengthy trip? Lake Arrowhead and the surrounding area are the perfect destination for those seeking either adventure, relaxation, or the perfect mix of both.
A destination like Lake Arrowhead is perfect for a wide variety of travelers. Those on a budget can stretch their dollars by choosing less expensive accommodations and high-quality reasonable restaurants. Tips for traveling on a budget:
- Set a realistic overall budget. Err on the side of overestimating your costs so you won’t be in for a surprise.
- A trip falls into a few broad categories including accommodations, food, transportation and entertainment. Put a priority on each category to get the best use out of your money.
- To the Internet! Use sites like Yelp to find good eats. Research free activities such as nature hikes or local art shows.
Make a plan but don’t be too rigid. If a reasonably priced adventure comes up, don’t be afraid to take advantage. Accommodations in the Lake Arrowhead area:
- The Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa recently underwent a $20 million renovation with upgraded rooms, spa and dining.
- Massages and modern rooms not your style? Lake Arrowhead camping is available at several fun campgrounds around town. Check out the Dogwood and North Shore campgrounds for rustic fun.
- Need to find a middle ground between luxe and rustic? Consider renting a Lake Arrowhead cabin or the perfect mountain cottage at Pine Rose Cabins in Twin Peaks.
Whether you are staying in Lake Arrowhead or just passing through, put breakfast or lunch at Belgian Waffle Works on your itinerary. With all there is to do, you need to fuel up first!
The Belgian Waffle Works is a full-service family restaurant featuring 17 original specialty Belgian-style waffles, homemade soups, fresh market salads, gourmet sandwiches, juicy burgers, homemade breads, Espresso, Cappuccino, premium desserts, wine, beer, specialty drinks and more. Belgian Waffle Works’ waffles are made from an exclusive mix, which is available for sale onsite and online. Come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You’ll be glad you did!